Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What kind of plate are you?

While having a conversation today with a co-worker.. we were discussing our jobs, the stresses of life and how we deal with them.

There are days that I can be like a china plate.. strong, durable and able to carry heavy loads, while other days I'm like the cheap paper plate that tends to collapse under the least amount of pressure.

Have you ever noticed, though, that when you do use those cheap paper plates.. one doesn't seem to cut it... but if you use 2 or 3.. it provides some much needed support.


God is just that... he's those 2 or 3 extra plates that provide some much needed support when we alone just can't handle the job. He helps us to carry our loads.

My prayer is that I can be that strong plate.. serving him.. sharing his word.. but I'm thankful that on those days when I'm that flimsy paper plate... he's there to support me, to guide me.. and to help carry my loads.


Isn't it great? Isn't God great?

What kind of plate will you be for God?

No comments: